Resident Qualifying Criteria for Coldwell Banker Island Escapes
We are delighted that you are interested in leasing a dwelling from our company. In order to help you in making your decision, we have listed below the criteria for qualifying as a resident with us:
- A separate rental application must be fully completed, dated and signed by each applicant and all co-applicants. Spouses must also complete separate rental applications. Application fee for a single applicant is $50.00 and for married applicants it is $75.00. Application fees are non-refundable.
- The rental application will be reviewed when submitted to ensure we have all information needed to determine your eligibility.
- Each applicant must provide government photo identification and allow it to be photocopied.
- Applicants who are first-time renters or who do not have sufficient income under paragraph 5 below, may qualify by having the lease guaranteed by a guarantor. The guarantor must have a gross monthly income of at least 3 times the monthly rent and must meet all other qualifying criteria. The guarantor must complete and sign a lease guaranty agreement. The lease may be guaranteed only by a relative or employer. Guarantors may be held responsible for the entire rent and other costs such as damages, as long as you live at this property, even if you have roommates.
- Employment and/or monthly income must be verifiable. Accepted forms of wage verification are paystubs, W2's and 1099's. Total monthly income of all applicants must be 3 times monthly rent. (Otherwise, a guarantor is necessary.)
- If applicant’s family will be occupying the dwelling, no more than two persons per bedroom.
- Applicant(s) may be denied occupancy for the following reasons:
- Falsification of application by any applicant
- Incomplete application by any applicant
- Insufficient income (total of all applicants)
- Criminal conviction history of violent or sexual crime committed by an applicant or by other occupants (including children) who plan to live in unit
- Poor credit history of any applicant (credit reports are obtained - minimum score of 670 is required)
- Poor rental profile of any applicant (rental history reports are obtained.) Rental history of:
- Non-payment or frequent late payment of rent
- Drug use
- Poor housekeeping
- Poor supervision of applicant’s children
- Unruly or destructive behavior by applicant,
- Violence to persons or property by applicant, applicant’s children or applicant’s guests.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability or family status.
PLEASE STATE WHICH PROPERTY THIS APPLICATION IS FOR IN THE COMMENT SECTION!