Resident Qualifying Criteria for Coldwell Banker Island Escapes
We are delighted that you are interested in leasing a dwelling from our company. In order to help you
in making your decision, we have listed below the criteria for qualifying as a resident with us:
A separate rental application must be fully completed, dated and signed by each applicant and all
co-applicants. Spouses can complete one rental application. Application fee for a single applicant
is $50.00 and for married applicants it is $75.00. Application fees are non-refundable.
The rental application will be reviewed when submitted to ensure we have all
information needed to determine your eligibility.
Each applicant must provide government photo identification and allow it to be photocopied.
Applicants who are first-time renters or who do not have sufficient income under paragraph 5
below, may qualify by having the lease guaranteed by a guarantor. The guarantor must have a
gross monthly income of at least 3 times the monthly rent and must meet all other qualifying
criteria. The guarantor must complete and sign a lease guaranty agreement. The lease may be
guaranteed only by a relative or employer. Guarantors may be held responsible for the entire
rent and other costs such as damages, as long as you live at this property, even if you
Employment and/or monthly income must be verifiable. Total monthly income of all applicants
must be 3 times monthly rent. (Otherwise, a guarantor is necessary.)
If applicant’s family will be occupying the dwelling, no more than two persons per bedroom.
Applicant(s) may be denied occupancy for the following reasons:
- Falsification of application by any applicant
- Incomplete application by any applicant
- Insufficient income (total of all applicants)
Criminal conviction history of violent or sexual crime committed by an applicant
or by other occupants (including children) who plan to live in unit
- Poor credit history of any applicant (credit reports are obtained)
- Poor rental profile of any applicant (rental history reports are obtained.) Rental history of:
- Non-payment or frequent late payment of rent
- Drug use
- Poor housekeeping
- Poor supervision of applicant’s children
- Unruly or destructive behavior by applicant,
- Violence to persons or property by applicant, applicant’s children or applicant’s guests.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability or family status.
PLEASE STATE WHICH PROPERTY THIS APPLICATION IS FOR IN THE COMMENT SECTION!